Tuesday, October 05, 2004

My 30th birthday

So the friends showed up last night for my 30th birthday. Not a big crowd, but they are the people that are close to my inner circle.

My roommates had posted many papers of expressing birthdays, love, encouragement all over our apartment, so when I woke up in the morning yesterday, I got a paper saying "cheer up" above my towel hanger. Neat.

Tyas picked me and Ching Hui from our practicum course in campus. Upon arrival, Elaine, Sylvi and Yierick, greeted me with birthday wishes. Other members of Hyland gang, Michael, Inneke, and Raymond, couldn't make it. Michael and Inneke had big exams today. Raymond had an interview to tackle. Still, they sent their wishes by phone. And Andres called me too. Yiendra and Sugi showed up too.

Anne O'Bryan came, the only 'bule'. I love having her around.

Yierick poured a bottle of beer and coke on top of my head. Love it! Part of a tradition that must be done.

And, Alan came! This was a big surprise for me as I didn't expect him to show up. He's not really into Indonesian community and he had a board exam coming. But he did, and he brought me a bottle of chardonnay, a gift of true Alan.

Cipto and Raymond came last. We literally were waiting for them to come before I blew my candles. "30" candles, hmmm, not that scary after all. Quick wish: I hope our marriage lasts forever, finish my study on time, and tons of other wishes which only showed that human beings have so many wishes in their life.

As I expected *grin*, my inner circle (apartment alliance plus Tyas) gave me the book that I wanted: Mythology! Love it, love it, love it! Thanks, Guys! Awesome book for my lonely nights....

My mood is a bit better. Enough saying.

But this morning, I just found out that there is a possibility of me eating rice and soy sauce only for the rest of this month.....