Saturday, April 24, 2004

When blessings are abundant, beware, trials will follow.

I learned this from Yudi, my beloved husband, back then in the early months of our marriage. The lesson is that you have to be prepared all the times and keep yourself positive when bitterness of life strikes.

Being in US, receiving scholarship, experiencing fascinating style of life, makes me feel that God has granted so many blessings. Before I left, Yudi warned me, beware, trials and hindrance are coming. Be ready. Be prepared. Be positive.

And indeed, the trials, the hindrance, the stone blocks have come in my way, making me feel that the world is not fair, that some of our decisions were mistaken. I feel so helpless, so vunerable. This last month has been very difficult, very depressing. Not only problems of my health, my assignments, my family, my son. Hmmm, this is the trial that we've expected. Nothing should be surprising, really.

God granted me the blessing, God granted me the hindrance. Only God makes me positive and go forward and endure the trials.