Thursday, April 15, 2004

A little digging into my personality...

OK, I admit I've been in deep dark tunnel for the last two weeks or so and I'm getting better. Most of all the praise for me getting better is because of my friends. People with so many facets have touched me with their kind-hearted ears to listen to my whinning and complaints. So, here for my friends: Cheers!

Being in a dark tunnel, something I learned about my personality: I'm panicky. Not shame on that, even Yudi had long time ago pointed it out to me. When I'm panic, I would run many horrible scenarios of my future life in a second. And it gets me more panic. Bad habit!

Another bad habit when I'm in depression mode: I lose my appetite and I vomit. Physically disturbed. Bad habit!

Another digging into my personality, Moises (my fulbright fellow in my dept) pointed out the other day that I like starting everything from scratch when I am dissatisfied with my work. Bad habit? I'm not so sure about this. He recalled one time, two days before the due date of my professional website submission, I completely rebuilt my website, just because I wanted to include a page in Flash. And just two days ago, when everyone was busy finishing the last statistical calculation of Language Testing assignment, I was busy re-creating my excel worksheet because I found a glitch in it. Probably a sign of perfectionist passion?

PS: as I knew for a long long time ago, my left ear is a defect. But the good news is my right ear is perfect, as perfect as a bat's ear. How about that? Thanks to Brett, the audiologist at McFarland Clinic, who ran the hearing test yesterday.