Friday, April 02, 2004

Life sucks... when you don't know what you're gonna do..

I'm behind...many assignments just left undone or I haven't started anything. I'm busy with the fun side of my life and my academic life is getting deteriorating.

It's not that I'm not doing a thing. I did my papers, I did my projects, I just didn't read enough to produce a good piece of writing. My reading is basically limited to Umberto Eco's The Foucault's Pendulum, and a bit of internet surfing reading. I wrote my papers, my assignments, but I'm more into writing long one page testimonial at friendster for my friends. I'm productive, but to the wrong direction.

On the successful part, I got an internship job at the Catherine McAuley Center in Cedar Rapids for this summer (May 10-July 9). I'm working as ESL intern, tutoring immigrants, improving ESL programs and doing some volunteer work in Cedar Rapids. Yesterday, I visited the Center, thinking that it was still in interview stage. It turned out that I was accepted already. Kristine Rosene, the education coordinator of the Center, introduced me with the staff of CMC and showed me around the Center. She also explained the job description and worked out the schedule. Chris Rozendaal was really kind giving me a ride to Cedar Rapids, although I knew that he was really busy with his work. The trip was about 5 hours back and forth and it was good to have a person whom I could enjoy the conversation. The city of Cedar Rapids is of course bigger than Ames, have the feeling of a big city but there are spots at the city which I saw to have a small town atmosphere. I'm looking forward to stay there and work at the Center.

What makes this day particularly suck is because my human subject research proposal needs to be resubmitted. Gosh, I have only two weeks to have that proposal to be accepted. I don't know. I don't care. I still have to do the study for my 526 class. I haven't even thought about it. This really makes me panicky. Under normal circumstances, I am easily panic, especially when it comes to classworks. Oh well... I just know that I need a push to start working. I need something. Or someone? :)

I'm constantly in a bad mood today. I just feel that I need to swear to someone. Anybody?