Saturday, May 15, 2004

Cedar Rapids: Garing!

Yellowwwww...

Udah lama gak ngisi juga gw ternyata yaks!

Bottom line, I'm in Cedar Rapids to do my internship at Catherine McAuley Center. I'm staying with Bob and Barb Shreve in Marion ( a suburb of Cedar Rapids). They are very kind-hearted and nice! The problem is, they don't have a ground phone and I just feel bad about borrowing their cellphones for calling Yudi and Jalu or any friends. I'm thinking of getting a cellphone but it's hard without a credit card. Let's see if I can get something sort out.

Things have gone very quiet. My work is just so so and after work, I have done quite a bit of chatting with my friends all over US, mostly fulbrighters: Hilman, Kang Dadi, Jaha, Abi, Zen, Taqqin, Rizal, Mbak Riza, dll...

I just don't have the energy to do things, probably lost interest? I have become very panicky with the possibility that I will have no time for pondering a topic for my thesis. I will not be a super duper thesis because I'm proscrastinating.

Results of Spring semester? Straight A.

Thank you God! But still it won't help ease my panic because of thesis. My classmates mostly will take a class over the Summer and I will be stuck here in Cedar Rapids and go home to my loves, Jalu and Yudi.

Oh well, at least I have the opportunity to go home and be with my loves. I'm thinking of doing nothing, probably visit some places over Indonesia and of course satisfy my craves to Indonesian foods. Hmmm, yummmm.... I'm not really thrilled about the possibility of meeting my folks in Salatiga after all the debates about Jalu's staying in Salatiga. Just have to face the battle and I don't like it. Well, I'll deal with it when the time comes. I guess my mind is pretty fixed on it.

But before I can meet them, I have to stay in Jakarta for a couple of days, dealing with visa stuffs. Probably will be no problem at all, but it surely will lessen the number of days that I can stay with Jalu and Yudi. Hmmm, baddddddd.... I'm planning to get together with my high school friends: Nana, Adhi, Atik, Novi, Lely, Hariadi, Jacky, Himen, Tina, if the time permits. And probably hang out with some other friends of college: Andi, Melany, Penny and other fulbrighters who happen to be in Jakarta at that time: Jaha, Abi, Kurie, Yolanda. Hmmm, meeting old mates will surely cheer me up during my days in Jakarta. Oh, well, that's the plan.