Monday, February 14, 2005

Tales from the Past

For the last three or four days, I've been utilizing friendster to search for my long lost friends. Not for specific reasons. I'm just cruising in friendster and see if my friends who are considered way older and not from the Internet generation have finally embraced the attack of this website depicting network of friends.

I filled in the search engine with the name of my hometown. And surely I found two of my long lost friends from high school and college. I filled in the search engine with the name of my college. And the result was flabbergasting: I found someone who used to be very close to me and has been lost contact with me for the past six or seven years. Oh my God, I was almost hysterical finding his name.

Surely, I found my mind being flooded with memories and tales from the past. Good ones. Bad ones. Somehow I was wondering if things were different back then, then what would have happened now? But still, I didn't regret what had happened. Things happen for a reason and in this case although I don't know the reason, still, there is a reason. Those tales from the past have surely enriched my life and created the individual that I've become now.

I have to admit that I miss those times and those individuals who used to be dear to me. Old bestfriends. Old places. Old activities. Old times. But then, that is the purpose of memories: to make us feeling blessed of going through them all.