Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Dreaming of Matthew Perry...


pic courtesy of Friends official website
Do you know who Matthew Perry is? Yes, he played the role of Chandler Bing, in the hit TV series "Friends". And you might be wondering why on earth I mention his name and put dreaming next to his name.

Well, the story is last night I was dreaming of being Matthew Perry's wife! Now, bizzare as it was as I woke up with surprise myself, I felt that he was nice and loving husband, at least in my dream.

I never thought of him that much. In fact, if I had to choose who from the man casts of Friends that I would date, I'd probably pick David Schwimmer who played Ross Geller because of his intelligent and funny qualities as Ross.

Chandler I think is too silly sometimes, too serious sometimes, too "normal" compared to Ross or Joey Tribiani. And I don't consider him cute. Matt LeBlanc who played Joey is more good looking. But, no, I was dreaming of Chandler. That is weird because I didn't think of him at all. The last time I read about him was months ago in March, when he appeared in Cosmopolitan February 2004 as 2004 Fun Fearless Male and at that time I didn't think he deserved to earn the title. Why not Hugh Grant *my favorite actor* or Tobey Maguire or who? But then, other women may not think similarly. He is the fun fearless male.

Well, then, what determines the choice of being a fun fearless male? Smart? Intelligent? Funny? Good looking? Rich? Hip and funky? Based on Cosmopolitan article, he was selected because of "His finest attribute: He's never stood us u! We fell head over heels for the Friends star's quick-witted charm and self-deprecating humor. And we rooted for Matthew every step of the way when he overcame his very public addiction to painkillers and alcohol. It's not his superstar status that rather his candor and newfound positive outlook on life that has kept the 34-year-old actor on top." So the thing is more on his humor and how he overcame his addiction to painkillers and alcohol. Plus of course, the fact that he is INDEED cute *for many women perhaps*.

Oh well, I can think of many other qualities for MY fun fearless male. First, he has to be smart and intelligent. Nothing is sexier that a man who is knowledgeable about his interests and his passions. A man who listens attentively, understands, and corresponds smartly to what women say comes as the second attribute in my list. Next, a man who is not afraid of women who achieve more than he does. A man who feels comfortable with who he is and shows it is also attractive. Plus of course, dozen other qualities which are minor but can make nice addition to my list: charming, good looking, funky, can play guitar, poetic, sensitive, a shoulder to cry on, knows how to have fun, can dance, romantic, blah blah blah...

Well, many men have come across my path, but the fact remains: Yudi, my husband is the fun fearless male. You know why? Well, cross-check him with my criteria above and you'll find out!