Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Jalu is growing up!

I talked to Jalu last night and this was the second time that we actually talked. Before this, the only conversation he could say was "Hi, Ibu!" *Ibu means Mom* and then he would leave the phone to Yudi.

But last night, he told me that his Dad was not home, that he wanted a red car, that he was coughing but he had taken some medicine, that he was going to buy medicine and the market with his grandmother, that he went to see ship and caught fish with his grandfather and his dad, and that I would come by plane and I could see the sky and the clouds. Boy! That was a lot! My boy has grown up... Suddenly I felt that I'm missing too much of his process of growing up. I didn't know that he is able to conduct such a lenghty and animated conversation. Of course, I'm proud of what he has accomplished, but I miss tons of things.

Yudi told me that he was about a meter tall now. Oh, wow, another thing is happening without me knowing. I miss my cuddly, cute, short Jalu, but I guess I will not be able to find that Jalu anymore. When I go home, I will meet a boy who has experienced a little of the outside world. He's not my baby anymore, he's a boy now and he knows many things already.

This is the price that I have to pay and I'm sad....