Sunday, February 29, 2004

My son is ill...

Upon returning to Ames, in Denver airport, I learned that Jalu, my son, was hospitalized. I felt so horrible, feeling so helpless, feeling as if I were a bad irresponsible mother...

Was I making a false decision by pursuing my dream of studying abroad and leaving him back home? Am I too selfish, putting my career in the top list of priority? In this moment when he needed me the most, I was not by his side, giving him all the comfort and attention that he needs in his critical age. I felt so terrible. I was left crying in the midst of busy Denver international airport.

Thank God, Yudi was there with him. Thank God, I have him as a full supporter of my life ambitions and he is willing to share the tasks of parenting. I will make up for the lost of time of me being here, that's for sure, that's the least that I can do.

Jalu is fine now, although he has not recovered his huge appetite. He is now more into pizzas and french fries. Whatever, as long as he is willing to eat. Jalu, be well, Kid. Ibu is going to work hard, to finish this damn study, and to be back at your side, loving you even more...